1. Requirements Trends - Indicates rate of maturity of the system definition against the plan. Also characterizes stability and completeness of requirements which could potentially impact design and production.
2. System Definition Change Backlog Trend - Change request backlog which, when excessive, could have
adverse impact on the technical, cost and schedule baselines
3. Interface Trends - Indicator of interface specification closure against plan. Lack of timely closure could adversely impact system architecture, design, implementation and/or V&V any of which could have technical, cost and schedule impact.
4. Requirements Validation Trends - Indicator of progress against plan in assuring that the customer requirements
are valid and properly understood. Adverse trends would pose impacts to design activity with corresponding impacts to technical, cost & schedule baselines and customer satisfaction.
5. Requirements Verification Trends - Progress against plan in verifying that the design meets the specified requirements. Adverse trends would indicate inadequate design and rework that could impact technical, cost and schedule baselines. Also, potential adverse operational effectiveness of the system.
6. Work Product Approval Trends - Adequacy of internal processes for the work being performed and also the adequacy of the document review process, both internal and external to the organization. High reject count would suggest poor quality work or a poor document review process each of which could have adverse cost, schedule and customer satisfaction impact.
7. Review Action Closure Trends - Responsiveness of the organization in closing post-review actions. Adverse trends could forecast potential technical, cost and schedule baseline issues.
8. Risk Exposure Trends - Effectiveness of risk management process in managing / mitigating technical, cost & schedule risks. An effective risk handing process will lower risk exposure trends.
9. Risk Handling Trends - Effectiveness of the SE organization in implementing risk mitigation activities. If the SE organization is not retiring risk in a timely manner, additional resources can be allocated before additional problems are created.
10. Technology Maturity Trends - Risk associated with incorporation of new technology or failure to refresh dated technology. Adoption of immature technology could introduce significant risk during development while failure to refresh dates technology could have operational effectiveness/customer satisfaction impact.
11. Technical Measurement Trends - Progress towards meeting the Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) / Performance (MOPs) / Key Performance Parameters (KPPs) and Technical Performance Measures (TPMs). Lack of timely closure is an indicator of performance deficiencies in the product design and/or project team’s performance.
12. Systems Engineering Staffing & Skills Trends - Ability of SE organization to execute total SE program as defined in the program SEP/SEMP. Includes quantity of SE personnel assigned, the skill and seniority mix and the time phasing of their application throughout the program lifecycle.
13. Process Compliance Trends - Quality and consistency of the project defined SE process as documented in SEP/SEMP. Poor/inconsistent SE processes and/or failure to adhere to SEP/SEMP, increase program risk.
Добавочные (из http://cser.lboro.ac.uk/abstracts/S11-67.html):
1. Test Completeness Trends -
2. Resource Volatility Trends
3. Complexity Change Trends
4. Defect and Error Trends
5. Algorithm and Scenario Trends
6. Architecture Trends
Наметки к показателям HSI:
1. Allocation of Requirements to HSI Domains
2. Impact Assessment of Allocations/Allocation Changes.
3. Adequacy of Stakeholder Involvement.
4. Orientation for HSI in Engineering Organization.
5. Adequacy of Domain-specific Expertise.
6. Understanding Situational Factors Impacting HSI.
В конце года Systems Engineering Advancement Research Initiative (http://seari.mit.edu/) обещает выпустить версию 2.0 с учетом всех новых наработок.
Обратите внимание, что дискуссия о том, что мерять нужно тренды, а не абсолютные показатели, считается по факту завершенной -- хотя показатели HSI сформулированы пока и не в этом жестком формализме.
Пахнет эта система показателей, конечно, огромной бюрократией, но по принципу это не отличается от замеров velocity в экстремальном программировании, что рассматривается необходимейшей частью метода. Так что все зависит от стиля, в каком это реализовывать.